Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Download: My Bloody Valentine live set, 1989


Over at http://proskynesis.blogspot.com/, there's a My Bloody Valentine live set from 1989 available to download. Recorded in Lyon in March of that year, the set list is as follows:

01. You Never Should
02. Cigarette in Your Bed
03. Sueisfine
04. Cupid Come
05. Lose My Breath
06. Nothing Much to Lose
07. Thorn
08. I Can See it (But I can't Feel It)
09. Soft as Snow (But Warm Inside)
10. Feed Me With Your Kiss
11. (When You Wake) You're Still in a Dream
12. Slow
13. You Made Me Realise
14. Lovely Sweet Darlene

Download from here: http://proskynesis.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-bloody-valentine-21031989-lyon.html

In terms of sheer sensory overload, nothing compares to the time i saw MBV live in the Auditorium at last year's Primavera Sound festival. Easily the loudest band I've subjected my ears to. Apparently the sound system in the Auditorium was completely destroyed afterwards, or so I've heard. Here's a video of what was probably the highlight of that very set:



You can tell just by watching this, it's like being in the centre of a hurricane. Not for the faint-hearted.

Here's a quieter one from way back, one of their very best songs.



Sheer beauty...It galls me a bit that I've seen them three times since they've reformed and haven't got to hear this tune live, but Kevin Shields isn't too fond of mixing up his setlists unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment